Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Serious lack of Brain/Mouth Filtration

Why is it my friends that people don't think before they speak. Not that I am the super sensitive type...these are perfect strangers to me...but really....where is the brain mouth filter that stops the

"WHOA, WHEN ARE YOU DUE...YOU ARE HUGE???"

What do you say to that?

"Thanks??" or maybe "Your hair is beautiful...where do you have it done?" or maybe "I have just been waiting for someone to tell me that all day.....you just made me the happiest girl EVER!!"

Really, what do they expect you to say?? It's a good thing for them that I have a sense of humor...otherwise...they might be getting the smack down.

Just for fun:
  • # of people who lack a brain/mouth filter: at least 8 or so (that have said something to me...there are countless others who have accosted pregnant women in my area...don't be fooled by their innocent looking exteriors...they too lack the B/M filter)
  • # of people who have asked if I am having twins: 2
  • # of people who have stared down my belly in the grocery store: 1 creepy little man (Why I ask you?? Why?? Didn't give me the time of day...just stared at my belly the whole time he was approaching and didn't stop until I was around the corner and he couldn't see it anymore...WEIRD! Keep your creepiness away from my baby!!)

3 comments:

10zfam said...

lol, i totally agree with you-people need filters.
how are you feeling? i'm so jealous that you only have a month left. keep me updated.

Summer said...

Yeah! Also, what is it about seeing a pregnant woman that makes total stangers feel the need to touch your belly?

Hope you are feeling well!

Rachel said...

Yea... I don't miss those days when people debated whether you were pregnant or accidently swallowed a beach ball! Wanna hear a funny story though? I actually went the majority of my pregnancy with Calvin without a stranger touching my belly (and I'd heard from MANY women that this happens) but literally, the DAY before my induction, the waitress at an Applebees rubbed my belly! I laughed SO hard that day that it had finally happen! So, maybe you'll find a way to laugh about it in the end! Good luck with the creepy people! Just remember, if anyone DOES touch/rub your belly, do it to theirs too and see what happens! lol!